THIS PRODUCT MAY BE USED SOLELY ON VEHICLES USED IN SANCTIONED COMPETITION WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED UPON A PUBLIC ROAD OR HIGHWAY, UNLESS PERMITTED BY SPECIFIC REGULATORY EXEMPTION (VISIT THE “EMISSIONS” PAGE AT HTTP://WWW.SEMASAN.COM/EMISSIONS FOR STATE BY STATE DETAILS. INSTALLERS/USERS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES SHOULD ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER AND/OR USER OF THIS PRODUCT TO ENSURE THAT IT IS USED IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS, AND THIS PRODUCT MUST NOT BE PURCHASED IF THE INTENT IS TO USE IT IN AN UNLAWFUL MANNER.
AEM’s EMS-4 Universal Standalone Programmable Engine Management System (part# 30-6905) is the ideal standalone Engine Management System for modified Powersports and four-cylinder race car applications. The EMS-4 was created using AEM's powerful Series 2 hardware and includes all of its advanced features without the unneeded ancillary components.
WHY YOU WANT THIS
If you have modified your four-cylinder Powersports application beyond the factory ECU’s ability to control engine operation, or have a 4-cylinder race vehicle that does not require some of the advanced hardware features of an AEM Series 2 Plug & Play System, AEM’s EMS-4 provides complete engine control for the maximum power and reliability.
AEM’s EMS-4 provides complete engine control for small engines with up to 4 cylinders. The unit includes a 36-pin connetor that is specifically designed to operate in harsh environments. It is completely sealed and weather/shock proof, allowing it to be mounted anywhere. The EMS-4 works with MAG or HALL crank inputs and can directly drive smart coils or an external ignitor such as AEM’s 4-Channel Coil Driver (part # 30-2840).
- 4 Saturated Injector Drivers
- 4 Coil Triggers
- 8 General Purpose Inputs/Outputs
- Mag or Hall Cam and Crank Inputs
- O2 Input
- Knock Input
- 8 MB Internal Data Logger
- VSS Hall Input
- Can Data Stream
- USB Comm Port
- Compact (4.8" x 4.55" x 1.44"), weather/shock proof enclosure
- Utilizes AEMTuner Interface Software
- System is fully enabled and unlocked – Never pay for Upgrades
- Context Sensitive Help Eases Tuning Process
- Maps can be Password Protected by the Tuner to Prevent Unauthorized Usage Sharing
- Data analysis using AEMdata software. Click HERE for more info on AEMdata!
Professional tuners will appreciate the ease of use and security features of Advanced Engine Management’s AEMTuner Software. AEMTuner software is Windows™ compatible (XP, Vista, Windows7), making the task of copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. AEMTuner Software is infinitely adjustable and allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately delivers proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for any boost level or operating condition.
Additional AEMTuner Software features include:
- Support Pane gives tuners context sensitive help and uses tuners’ actual calibrations to describe each function
- Maps can be password protected by the tuner to prevent unauthorized usage or sharing
- Internal conflict detection notifies tuner if obvious errors exist in assignment of inputs/outputs
- Compare Calibrations allows tuners to graphically compare tables and maps for easy analysis
- Workspaces are easily customizable and configurable
- Colored tables and maps
To learn more about AEMTuner Software click here
To download the latest version of AEMTuner Software click here
MAKING THE CONNECTION
AEM offers a Universal Wiring Harness (part# 30-2905-96) with color coded silk screened wires for ease of installation and an integrated fuze and relay panel. AEM also has sensors and a Plug & Pin Kit (part# 30-2905-0) available.
Use this system with EXTREME caution! The AEM EMS System allows for total flexibility in engine tuning, however misuse of this product can lead to major engine/vehicle damage. If you are not well versed in engine dynamics and the tuning of management systems or are not PC literate, please do not attempt installation/tuning of this product. For technical assistance, please visit our forum or visit our dealer locator for a Factory Trained tuner near you. AEM holds no responsibility for any engine damage that results from the misuse of this product!