AEM Releases CD-7 and CD-7L 7” Full Color Digital Dash Displays
AEM Releases CD-7 and CD-7L 7” Full Color Digital Dash Displays
HAWTHORNE, CA— AEM has released its CAN Dash 7” (CD-7) and CAN Dash 7” Logging (CD-7L) Super Bright digital dash displays. Four packages are available:
- PN 30-5500, CD-7 Non-Logging Display, Jobber Price $1,443.33
- PN 30-5501, CD-7L Logging Display, Jobber Price $1,887.78
- PN 30-5502, CD-7 with VDM, Jobber Price $1,776.67
- PN 30-5503, CD-7L with VDM, Jobber Price $2,221.11
The CD-7/CD-7L color digital displays feature a super bright, high contrast, sunlight readable display and include an integrated glare diffuser and shade hood so that they are readable in even the brightest daylight conditions. They are designed to accept channels from CAN bus connections and do not include analog inputs. Two CAN bus channels are included so that it can receive and collect data from AEMnet enabled devices such as the Infinity ECU, Series 2 EMS or EMS-4, and 3rd party devices including PDM’s, CAN sensor modules and programmable engine management systems. Third-party systems will require download of 3rd party DBC CAN bus protocol files for proper operation if they are not included in our setup software. Seven ultra-bright LEDs span the top of the display housing for RPM and shift light indication. Users can program them to ascend in specific increments based on RPM range, and flash when it is time to shift. Brightness is user programmable on the fixed color LEDs. Two large buttons are included on the face of the display, allowing easy page changing and memory resetting even with driving gloves on. These button functions are also duplicated on the rear connector allowing the user to mount remote buttons on the steering wheel if desired. Two additional programmable LEDs are located above the toggle buttons on the sides of the housing.
LOGGING AND TRACK MAPPING CAPABILITIES
The dash display is available with (CD-7L) or without (CD-7) a 200MB on board logger (about 24 hours of logging time, up to 100 Hz/channel logging. It will accept as many channels as available from either of the CAN bus inputs and is tested up to 800 channels. Individual channel log speeds are adjustable.
Racers can purchase the CD-7 or CD-7L with our Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM) as a complete kit to add GPS for vehicle speed, track mapping and recording lap times, split times, and displaying predictive times with a live gain/loss value. In addition to the GPS, the VDM includes a 3-axis gyrometer for recoding roll, pitch and yaw, and a 3-axis accelerometer for collecting longitudinal, lateral and vertical acceleration.
TWO INDEPENDENT CAN BUS RECEIVE CHANNELS
The CD-7 features two independent, fully user programmable CAN channels. The bus configuration and messages are fully configurable; it even supports indexed messages. Custom CAN configurations can be imported via industry standard DBC files or the user can manually enter each message and channel. The user can then rename, filter, calibrate, change units and log any CAN channel, as well as direct these channels to inputs on our pre-defined templates or user created ones, and configure the channel data for the On-Change page for immediate reference to critical data when a channel parameter triggers the page.
UNLIMITED ALARMS AND WARNING TEXT
The CD-7 features a powerful alarm editor to create alarms based on any channel. It also features a powerful scrollable, prioritized ‘text warning’ feature that allows the user to describe the issue in detail, putting an end to obscure warning LEDs!
SEVEN PAGES TOTAL
The CD-7 and CD-7L are fully configurable and completely unlocked. They include seven total pages; a startup page, four pages for viewing channels that can be toggled using the buttons on the face, a unique ‘On-Change’ page and a dedicated Alarm event page. All pages are 100% customizable.
THREE EVENT-TRIGGERED PAGES
Three event-based pages ensure that users do not miss any critical changes in the vehicle operation.
One is an alarm page. The CD-7 will display the alarm page whenever any user definable condition is met and will alert the user that a critical problem exists and can include the status of the channel that triggered the alarm (for example, low oil pressure, low fuel pressure, high coolant temp, etc.). This page is designed to get your attention, and if multiple alarm conditions are present, the CD-7 will scroll between them on the bottom of the screen so you are aware of every critical alarm condition.
The second event based page is a somewhat unique On-Change page. This page allows you to select channels for the display to monitor, and whenever one changes, the CD-7 will automatically display the On-Change page and remain there until the channel stops changing and an additional wait time has passed. The On-Change page is perfect for knowing what map you are on if you have map switching for different boost levels or traction control in the cockpit, and for viewing lap time, split time, etc., whenever you pass the start/stop beacon on the racetrack. The On-Change page enables monitoring for these types of channels only when there is something to see and does not waste valuable screen real estate to show unchanging values.
The third event page is triggered every time the dash powers up and allows the user to program whatever splash screen graphics they desire. This allows the user to brand the CD-7 startup sequence with their own custom team/company or sponsor logos.
FREE DASHDESIGN GRAPHICS EDITOR SOFTWARE
AEM’s new DashDesign Screen Editing software is free and allows users to create or customize all of the different pages in the CD-7. Users can set the channels for the supplied templates or create their own from scratch, and everything in-between! We provide multiple templates and themes to accommodate most styles including light and dark themes, high contrast, vivid color, digital and analog style displays and more. Layouts useful in drag racing, closed circuit, off road and marine elements are also included. Future templates will be added for download at no charge and users can share their designs. For racers who want to create their own custom templates, we will make the layered Photoshop files of the existing templates available so they have a road map of how to design a layout for implementation into the CD-7’s user interface. The DashDesign software is free and downloadable from the instructions tab or CD-7 product pages on our website.
CD-7 DASH DISPLAY FEATURES
- Full color 7” screen with 800x480 resolution
- 1000cd/m2 brightness and anti-glare filter for readability in all conditions including direct sunlight
- IP66 water resistance allows for operation in boats and motorcycles without worry
- Accepts channels from two separate user programmable CAN bus connections – works with AEMnet enabled devices and 3rd party devices side by side
- Available with or without 200Mb internal logging (up to 100Hz/channel)
- Seven programmable pages including four Main pages, Alarm, On-Change and Start-up pages
- Dedicated Alarm page quickly identifies problems (user defined)
- Unique On-Change page can be used to identify map switching for boost, traction, lap times, etc.
- Use included page templates and input your channels and text, or create your own custom page templates
- Free DashDesign Graphics Editor software
- Seven LED RPM/shift light indicators on top of the housing (programmable and dimmable)
- Two programmable LEDs above toggle buttons on sides of housing
- Available as package with VDM to add GPS for track mapping & lap times, accelerometer for longitudinal, lateral and vertical G-loads and gyrometer for roll, pitch and yaw
- Odometer function
- Over 200 supplied fully programmable warning icons, and you can add your own
- 'Headlight-in’ connection dims the dash and LEDs during night operation
- Two extra switch inputs included for displaying user-triggered events (blinkers, high beams etc.)
- User supplied graphics can be changed based on channel values (up to the full screen size)
- Convert CAN bus channel values to user-defined text