12+1 triggerdisck evo8 no rpm | AEM
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Evo8s2000
12+1 triggerdisck evo8 no rpm

last month i got my entire evo8 swap installed into my s2000, 2 years ago i had a 2jz that made 611 hp on a FIC setup in the same car. im familer enough with the software and my ecu is calibrated so all the outputs i do see are correct along with following the directions on triggerdisk. i do not have an rpm count ever, even for extended cranking durations to attempt it to sync. i am trying to do my igntion timing wizard but i never get spark with my COP from an 04 v6 honda and i believe it is my no rpm signal causing it. im getting pretty lost in the weeds chasing my tail and i have prob 20 tabs of research open that isnt solving it. can anybody help me and take a look at my calibration and see if in my ineptness i have missed something obvious? 

reals2k2.AEM20.01V24.cal

AEM_NS
Who built you the super

Who built you the super custom harness you need to run a 4G63 in a S2000 with an EMS-4?

Evo8s2000
The fool who posted this, it

The fool who posted this, it wasnt too terrible, bought all new pigtails and pined them into connectors. I went back through the wiring and found I had flipped the ground and signal for the crank sensor couldnt find a delete thread button though. Getting steady 250~rpm during crank now with about timing 9-20 sync errors depending on the crank time, working on getting it to run today, got the ignition sync wizard going but still no firing, which is better than last week where i had a puff out the intake.. 

Evo8s2000
Running great now starts up

Running great now starts up after about 6 cranks and idles strong. had to 360 the sync for ignition from 7.2 to 19 teeth, spark was firing on btdc but on the opposite cycle. Great little tuner once you figure out the quirks. 

AEM_NS
Glad to hear you got it

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Honestly a bit of an achievement in the scheme of things. Buy yourself a cold one.

Evo8s2000
I'm pretty malicious when it

I'm pretty malicious when it comes to finishing what I've started lol. Luckily after the jz swap most of my body stuff is controlled through switches and bypasses, I even used the same trans as the jz so I should be driving pretty soon. 
I still have a lot of playing ahead, I tried to run it yesterday and I think it flooded out trying to start. I'll get it sorted soon enough after enough learning.