2019 xp turbo, CD-7 dash issues | AEM
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Casey Smyth
Casey Smyth's picture
2019 xp turbo, CD-7 dash issues

Installed my new dash today. At first nothing would work for me. Contacted tech support, everything he told me to do didnt work either. Uninstalled everything from my laptop and reinstalled and got it to work partially. I can get a basic dash system to work but when trying to load the obdII set up, it states "there is no ECU present". My dash starts acting weird, needels moving all around, error lights on, ect. I really want to have a page that shows everything the computer is seeing (oil psi, AFR, ect). What am i doing wrong? Im new to this type of dash work. Do i need to make my own custom display? 

AEM_NS
Please provide a picture of

Please provide a picture of the OBDII port on your RZR.

Casey Smyth
Casey Smyth's picture
Sorry for the delay, i had no

Sorry for the delay, i had no idea that you had responded.

I tried adding photos but it will not allow me to upload the file stating that i can not upload a jpeg. I took the photo with my phone so im not sure what i can do unless i directly email them to you

AEM_NS
Sorry but I was being a

Sorry but I was being a little facetious asking about your OBDII port.  Your RZR does not have OBDII on it.  OBDII is for on-road vehicles.  Off-road vehicles use an entirely different protocol.  Me asking if about your OBDII was to help you realize that you don't have OBDII on your RZR thus if you try running the OBDII setup, of course it won't find any OBDII ECU's because there aren't any.  

I think you missed this part in the PnP harness instructions:

Load the correct RZR layout file and you should be good to go.  

Casey Smyth
Casey Smyth's picture
ok.....well that kind of

ok.....well that kind of sucks because that was 1 of the points that sold me on the unit was being able to see the engine info. Im a complete noob when it come to technical dash stuff.....I did however figure out how to move the boost reading section on the default dash layout so that it would show the "1" when it hit 10+psi lol. Im the guy thats got the cut, dirty fingers on a race team.

I feel stupid lol

So is there anything specific that i can study on dash design for my application?  Ive noticed that there really is not any videos out that i could use for "tutoring"

Hope i gave you a good laugh this morning with all the crap going on in the world today yes

AEM_NS
You can see the engine info -

You can see the engine info - that's the whole point of the dash plus there's a plug and play harness to make it an easy snap in deal: https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/cd-digital-dash-displays-adapter-harnesses/cd-7-plug-play-adapter-harnesses-3rd-party-devices/cd-7-polaris-rzr-plug-play-adapter-kit

Did you buy the 30-2219 adapter cable for your RZR?  Plug in the harness, load the layout and you're good to go.  Everything has already been done for you.  I'd start with the pre-existing RZR layouts first and tool around with those a bit and then once you have a better feel for how things work, you can start doing your own custom stuff.

Casey Smyth
Casey Smyth's picture
AEM_NS wrote:

AEM_NS wrote:

You can see the engine info - that's the whole point of the dash plus there's a plug and play harness to make it an easy snap in deal: https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/cd-digital-dash-displays-adapter-harnesses/cd-7-plug-play-adapter-harnesses-3rd-party-devices/cd-7-polaris-rzr-plug-play-adapter-kit

Did you buy the 30-2219 adapter cable for your RZR?  Plug in the harness, load the layout and you're good to go.  Everything has already been done for you.  I'd start with the pre-existing RZR layouts first and tool around with those a bit and then once you have a better feel for how things work, you can start doing your own custom stuff.

Yes ive got the 2219 harness and the CAN module to intergrate a belt temp sensor once i figure things out. I just would like to see AFRs and a few other details. Guess ive got soime learning to do. The dash is installed with the basic layouts right now. Ive already had to go in and adjust the positioning of the boost pressure display because the "1" was getting cut off as soon as it hit 10 psi lol

AEM_NS
Check the instructions - AFR

Check the instructions - AFR isn't a standard channel that gets transmitted on a RZR. If you want to see AFR on the dash, you'll need a CAN enabled standalone wideband AFR device.