2G DSM stock knock sensor with infinity 506 | AEM
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
88BB8B
2G DSM stock knock sensor with infinity 506

Hi there, sorry if this question has already been asked I did some searching and couldn't find a clear answer.

Are you able to tell me if the stock knock sensor on an AWD 2G DSM will work with the AEM Infinity 506 through the 30-3511 plug and play harness? And if not which sensor will?

AEM_SB
I don't remember if those

I don't remember if those pins match from the Evo8 to the 2G DSM,  but either type of OEM knock sensor should work fine.   If you're familiar with the terms 'resonant' or 'full frequency / flat response' , both types can work with the Infinity's knock sensing circuit.

88BB8B
I don't know much about knock

I don't know much about knock sensors, I do know that the evo 8 and 2G DSM knock sensors are interchangeable on both cars I believe, I'll just try a different oem knock sensor I have lying around and see if that helps.

88BB8B
I installed the new knock

I installed the new knock sensor, and it seemed like it was working better in the first log I took which was just idle and revving a little in my garage. I was getting a knockRAW value that seemed to correlate to engine noise, but as I drove on it, I started getting strange table top like curves where the knockRAW would shoot up to a very high value and hold there for a few seconds then drop and hold and so on and it seemed to have no correlation to what the expected cylinder pressure would be at any given time.

I wouldn't expect that I have 2 bad knock sensors as the one in the car only had about 100km on it and the one I replaced it with was new. Any idea what's going on?