1 post / 0 new
m88beauregard
30-4110 - Sensor Failure

Purchased the 30-4110 a little over a month ago. Only installed it recently. Not even 500km later, the sensor only reads ---. Brake clean on the rag also doesn't inspire the sensor to read properly.
With the sensor unplugged, the gauge displays 14.7. Installed exactly how instructions recommend.
Fresh NA engine, no oil burning, good quality fuel, hasn't ran rich (stock MAP, stock Engine) no clear reason why it would fail.

This issue seems to be pretty frequent by the amount of posts about this. Yet AEM seems to have nothing to say, publically anyway.

I contacted AEM in regards to the premature failure. They want me to ship the gauge and sensor to them so they can investigate.
From my location, the shipping cost is about 85-90$...and no guarantee they will even issue a replacement.
A replacement LSU4.9 is less then 100$ from Titan Motorsports on Amazon...why would I use the RMA service provided by AEM for customer support.

I'll update when I get an answer back from them... really hope they haven't become another company that doesn't care about their customers.