30-4110 sensors keep failing within minutes | AEM
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Zyke
30-4110 sensors keep failing within minutes

My first o2 sensor that came with the 30-4110 kit worked perfectly at first, I tested it using the brake clean rag test and all was good. I install the sensor into the exhaust and start the car. For a minute it was reading the afr perfectly, then suddenly spikes full lean and never went back to normal. I figured it was just bad luck that it would fail so quickly so I purchased a replacement sensor through an authorized dealer. I tested this replacement sensor with the rag test and it also worked perfectly. I install the replacement and start the car and the same exact result... reads just fine for a minute or 2 and then fails. Surely this is not just some crazy coincidence. Sensor is mounted at least 24 inches after the turbo in the 12 o'clock position, no exhaust leaks, no moisture in exhaust, no damage to any wiring.... completely stumped on how this could happen. Nearly $200 worth of sensors wasted within minutes.

AEM_HB
Hey Zyke,

Hey Zyke,

Send me an email at emstech@aempower.com so we can get this sorted out for you.

Zyke
Update: Received a

Update: Received a replacement gauge from aem after talking to an aem tech about this issue. Installed new gauge (2nd gauge), new o2 sensor (3rd sensor), and went over the wiring again... same result... worked perfectly for 1-2 minutes then it goes full lean with the three dashes and never went back to normal. At this point I'm considering burning my car to the ground.

RoninDusette
It's been over 2 months. I

It's been over 2 months. I hope they got back to you and got it fixed. I am going to be SUPER unhappy if I have to remove all of this stuff, wiring and all, get a refund, order new working gauges, and install new ones (including undoing and re-tucking my wiring, and that took a while).