30-6051, J32, stuck with a throttle glitch | AEM
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
boostedj30
boostedj30's picture
30-6051, J32, stuck with a throttle glitch

Hey guys,  let me start off by saying im not a newb to the series 2, i have tuned my car and learned a lot over the years without to much hassle.  If there was a problem, i educated myself to understand it, then i could figure it out.  

My car is running strong with the Series 2, lovin it. Dyno'd to 450hp, 460ft lb torque with conservative timing.  But I have to admit im stuck.

I had a stupid mishap earlier this year, a buddy put the wrong gas in  and drove it, and best i can tell it detonated and broke a piston between the rings. My engine is stock, so it was an easy fix just dropped in another J32A2 and away we go.

I reused all my original intake, sensors everything, just replaced the long block.  But I have this wierd issue, on Decel my throttle/load keeps blipping, I can feel it.  I ran a log, and the throttle position randomly jumps from 1.18 to 1.3, and this causes the injector to fluctuate as well.

DFCO is active through the whole thing, no change at all just as its set.  As soon as i let off the throttle to coast in gear it randomly blips.... very annoying.

Any suggestions?  I am running the Omni 3 bar map sensor, ive had to replace it onec before but its a $300 part to get in Canada, not something to buy just to try.

Help guys please lol

Steve Clarke
I'm a newbie at AEM Series 2

I'm a newbie at AEM Series 2 but just completed a major build on my '94 3000GT with an AEM Series 2.  We had a similar symptom (random TPS spikes with the throttle closed) and found that we had electrical interference in the signal lines for the TPS sensor.  We added shielding around the TPS lines (and most of the other sensors as well) and that fixed the problem.  Might be worth checking for.

Original owner '94 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4. 515 AWHP Stg 3 Motor, AEM Series 2. Quaife front, Torsen center, KAAZ rear diffs, AP 6 piston Ohlin coil-overs

boostedj30
boostedj30's picture
Interesting, I dint think of

Interesting, I dint think of thta.  i kept trying to imagine what had changed by simply swapping engines, but maybe my wire harness is routed in slightly different manner this time.  It is a bit congested due to the turbo and added exhaust routing, and keeping the harness clear is a challenge.

i will try to source some shielding, I have never done that before.  Cosmetics is a concern, what  would you suggest?