30-6100, How to setup Digital Hall Effect Crankshaft and Camshaft sensors | AEM
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jack
30-6100, How to setup Digital Hall Effect Crankshaft and Camshaft sensors

I picked up the SRT CNC Billet Digital Cam/Crank Sensor Kit for 2JZ . I'm just wondering what needs to be changed in the settings to make the sensors work on an AEM V2 (30-6100) . I'm also wondering what pin should be used/added for the extra wire needed for the digital sensor.

Thanks for the help!
Jack.

AEM_NS
Unfortunately that SRT kit

Unfortunately that SRT kit won't work with the 6100 without making mods to the PCB.  Most of our EMS's have the ability to take both VR and Hall inputs because a lot of engines get converted from crappy factory crank/cam trigger setups to updated aftermarket setups but the 2JZ typically isn't a motor that has problems with it's crank/cam pickups... not with the AEM EMS at least (apparently other EMS manufacturers do have problems and thus the need for the SRT Hall kit).  Because there was no anticipation of needing to support Hall inputs, the 6100 only has provisions to support VR inputs.  

Are you actually having problems with the stock VR setup or are you just chaning this to change it?

jack
 No problems yet but I've

No problems yet but I've only hit the 650whp ish mark. My clutch let go at that point so we stopped .  I'm now ready to go back and finish the tune. I figured I'd upgrade the sensors but I guess there's no need. Thanks for the help with this!

Thanks,

Jack

motorheaddown
Sorry for bringing this

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life, but I modified my V1 with a 2.2kohm pull-up resistor to 5V for both cam and crank, changed all the spark teeth tables, crank tables, A-tooth tables, etc., and it worked fine.  Will the input drivers on V2 work with the same pull-up resistor modifications?  I have a GE motor running aftermarket cams, coil-on-plug, and a hall sensor picking off cam/crank from the backside of the cam gear precision machined with rare earth magnets.

Thanks,

-scott