4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mdojaquez
35-8460 Analog Boost Gauge Problem

I recently purchased a 35-8460 boost gauge and after getting everything wired up on startup the gauge sweeps then points straight down and the left LED is blinking indicating an issue with the sensor or wiring to the sensor. I inspected all my wiring and checked continuity and everything checked out. I then checked the sensor and with atmospheric pressure I was getting 1.7 volts from the sensor and with vac at idle was showing 0.9 volts coming from the sensor so it appears to be working as it should. I then jumped the 5v refrence wire to the green signal wire and the gauge went to 20psi.. at this point im assuming I have a bad gauge but does anyone else have any thoughts? am I missing something? any info would be greatly appreciated

AEM_NS
Sorry but 35-8460 isn't a

Sorry but 35-8460 isn't a valid gauge part number. That's the part number of the enclosure that all gauges are put into. Could you check your invoice to see what gauge you actually got?

If you send 5v to the signal wire and the gauge reacts, it sounds like the gauge is okay and working.  It kind of sounds like maybe you have a bad connection to the sensor's signal pin.  Take the connector off the sensor and check the pin fitment closely.  Also back probe the sensor wiring at the gauge instead of at the sensor to see if you're getting the right voltage all the way back to the sensor.  

If after all this, the gauge still doesn't function correctly, contact Tech Support for an RMA to have the gauge fixed or replaced under warranty.

mdojaquez
My apologies, the gauge part#

My apologies, the gauge part# is 30-5132. I have verified the refrence voltage from the sensor at the sensor and the gauge end of the harness and they are both correct, also when jumping the 5v to the signal the gauge reacts but goes to 20psi which according to my documents 3.25v should be about 20psi shouldn't the 5v max out the gauge or trigger the right LED warning for voltage out of range or a short?

AEM_NS
-Valid point however I'm not

Valid point however I'm not sure I'd expect an accurate reading with the gauge indicating a sensor error and just sending in 5v.  Either way, the gauge may be suspect and will need to be inspected.  Please contact Tech Support: 1-800-423-0046