AEM 30-4900 stopped working | AEM
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
patrik.hertzog
AEM 30-4900 stopped working

Hi there,

I've had my AEM 30-4900 for about a month and it has been working perfectly, until tonight. I started the car, the gauge came on like normal, then it flashed a few times and gave a message saying it was offline. I turned off the car and restarted several times and the gauge reads 14.4 but the value doesn't change, ever. 

I can still connect to the gauge with my PC, and I tried doing a factory reset using the AEM configuration software, but that didn't seem to help. 

Has the gauge or the sensor possibly died on me? Anything else I can try to get it working again?

Thanks for your help!

Patrik

AEM_NS
The message you probably got

The message you probably got was "Sensor Offline". This means the gauge thinks it's no longer connected to the sensor. First step is to check your wiring for shorts, cuts, breaks, abrasion or other damage. If all that checks out then try a different sensor. Were you the one that extended your wiring? Maybe give that wiring work a very close look.

patrik.hertzog
So it looks like the little

So it looks like the little gray "gate" clip which locks the harness plug to the senor plug was the problem. The sides had bowed out and allowed the connection to come apart slightly. I tried to bend the sides back in but it snapped it half. Is there any way to get another one of these clips / gates / whatchamacallits to hold that connection together? 

Thanks for your help!

AEM_NS
Give Tech Support a call: 1

Give Tech Support a call: 1-800-423-0046.