AEM 30-6052 Which PIN Power supply for Hall effect Crank pos- and Cam Pos sensor in S2000 AP1 | AEM
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
csm
AEM 30-6052 Which PIN Power supply for Hall effect Crank pos- and Cam Pos sensor in S2000 AP1

Power supply for Crank position-  and cam sensor in S2000 AP1

I am using a AEM EMS V2 (EMS P/N 30-6052) for the F20C AP1 in a AE86.

I have switched the Crank - and Camshaft Position Wheels,  as well as the sensors from the S2000 AP1 to `06 AP2. These sensors work as hall effect sensors and need a power supply

( instead off the inductive sensors) .

Which PINs (availability / assignments) of the AEM EMS 30-6052 are appropriate to supply the Crank Position Sensor and the camshaft position sensor ?  (Power supply )

Signal Input Cam Position sensor PIN C20 / Crank position sensor  PIN C8

Until now I haved used the +12V power supply on PIN A21 for both!

My question is:

Do I have an additional PIN or other options for the +12V power supply. What´s the differences between PIN A21 (dedicated, filtered +12V power) and for example PIN B17 / PIN B25 (Avail, Switched +12v, 1.5A Max ).

Is the "filtered" power supply absolutly necessary for the timing sensors?

Thanks for help

AEM_NS
If you look at the wiring

If you look at the wiring schematic for an AP2 car, you'll see that the crank and cam sensors get their power from the main relay. The sensors share 12v power with the injectors. You could just as easily get 12v to the sensors from under the hood - there's no real reason to use the EMS itself to power the sensors. But if you really want to do it this way, any of those outputs will work. The "filtered" 12v power from A21 isn't anything special. The only thing I see in the schematic is that there's a 100ohm series resistor in the circuit - not really what I'd consider to be filtered. The EMS doesn't have any kind of 12v generator. Any 12v power it's outputting is simply just redirecting input power to the EMS back to the outside world. You could just as easily use B17 or B25 because they're half of a stepper motor driver but you'll have to configure them to be on. If you're already using A21 to power the sensors, I don't see a reason to change now.

csm
AEM_NS: Thank you for the

AEM_NS: Thank you for the answer