3 posts / 0 new
Last post
BoostLee
AEM 400 LPH Fuel pump

I'm running dual AEM 400LPH fuel pumps. Purchased new. Pumps are mounted under the car in a cradle mount slightly below a sumped 5-gallon tank and wired parallel using 10 gauge wires to 80 amp solid state relay 1 foot of 8awg wire directly to the trunk-mounted battery. The relay is grounded where it is mounted and being triggered by the Oem main relay. The pumps are grounded to the frame of the car.  The relay is being triggered but the pumps are not running. "the battery is fully charged". I disconnected the pumps from the relay and tested them individually directly on the battery, all that happens is a strike at the battery acknowledging circuit completion and a clunk at the pumps. 

What is going on? Do the pumps require fuel in order for them to run? is there a locking pin that needs to be removed before the pumps run? Any help is appreciated before I go buy new pumps.

BoostLee
I removed both pumps and

I removed both pumps and tested them on the bench, both pumps are dead. Very disappointing. 

AEM_HB
Hey BoostLee,

Hey BoostLee,

Please contact our tech department at tech@aempower.com so they can assist with this matter.