3 posts / 0 new
Last post
treimche
AEM Infinity questions Honda S2000

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to standalone EMS and have some questions regarding setting it up in my car.  I'm having it tuned this coming week, but want to make sure it is at least running and driveable so I can work out any kinks before dyno day (Monday).  

The car is a 2005 S2000, stock block, built head, running the Infinity 506 ECU with SOS plug and play harness, Bosch LSU 4.2 wideband, Injector Dynamics 1700x, Walbro 450, Flex Fuel system, 3 bar MAP, tuning of E85.  Running a P-Tuning turbo kit with a Gen 2 Garrett GTX3576.  Gauge ART CAN gauge for display.

Do I need to run either of the stock O2 sensors along with the Bosch wideband?  Asking since my downpipe/exhaust only has 1 O2 sensor bung in it.

Should I have got some sort of boost pressure sensor, or does the 3 bar MAP take care of that and send it from the Infinity ECU to the Gauge ART to display boost levels? 

Does the Infinity ECU do any type of auto tuning? 

Sorry for the noob questions, but I really want to learn all that I can about this system. 

AEM_SB
No need to keep the stock

No need to keep the stock wideband sensor, the Infinity ECU won't use it.

3 bar MAP sensor measures both vacuum and boost, up to 35psi boost. The ECU will send the boost measurement to the CAN gauge.

No auto-tuning, but you can configure closed-loop lambda feedback so the ECU will make short-term fuel corrections if the wideband detects the measured O2 doesn't match the target O2. You can also configure lean protection so the ECU will do a fuel & spark cut if the O2 is too lean at high RPM / high load.

Hope that helps,

SB

treimche
This helps a ton.  Thank you

This helps a ton.  Thank you very much!