Bugs found in latest AEMData (4.0.38 b723) | AEM
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
spikeygg
spikeygg's picture
Bugs found in latest AEMData (4.0.38 b723)

I'm running windows 7 and AEMData 4.0.38 build 723 (it also happens on 4.0.37 build 621). I have found issues with the "Open" dialog box.

1. When I try to rename a file within the file selection area and using a single click, after changing the filename the program locks up.
  2. When I try to navigate to a location that is above the "My Computer" tree, I cannot. None of the plus symbols will open when I click them.
  3. Still getting lots of crashes while zooming and panning-- this has been a problem for many build revisions and is quite annoying.

Thanks,

-Greg

P.S. Is there a place in the forum to (like the old forum) subscribe to updates so I get emailed any time there is a new release?

P.S.S. Also, is there some way to attach images to a post? I took a screenshot of my #2 example above but I couldn't figure out how to upload the picture.

Kurt
Kurt's picture
1. I haven't done this, so I

1. I haven't done this, so I can't comment.

2. The + boxes will only expand if that folder has subfolders.  If it doesn't, then it won't do anything.  You have to click on the folder name and all the files in that folder will show to the right.

3. This is 100% fixed with the current beta version.  I'm sure it will be available soon.

spikeygg
spikeygg's picture
[quote=Kurt]

Kurt wrote:

2. The + boxes will only expand if that folder has subfolders.  If it doesn't, then it won't do anything.  You have to click on the folder name and all the files in that folder will show to the right.

Hi Kurt. Yeah, this is what I expected too but it doesn't work that way you described -- you should try it. I'm saving my stuff to a dropbox folder that should be under the folder with my username but I cannot navigate to the place where I'm saving it in that area. I was able to work around it by manually finding the corresponding location on the C drive. I just thought AEM would like to know that this bug doesn't let you navigate folders at the top level.

Try it out, there are definitely folders inside your windows username folder, in Win7 I have AppData, Contact, Desktop, Downloads, Dropbox, Favorites, etc. None of this stuff shows up in the navigation list at the top under my username whether I click on the folder and look at the other pane, or click the plus sign.

Kurt, regarding #3, is there somewhere I can download the beta version? This crashing is killing me!

-Greg

P.S. I've subscribed to this thread but I didn't get an email when Kurt responded.

AEM_GN
Spikeygg it works correctly

Spikeygg it works correctly in my AEMdata. The left navigation is for all folders. The right pane navigation will only bring up file names.

At the top you will see a Type for files you can select all files. Also there is a little folder icon next to that if you click that it will show the folders as well in the right pane.

Kurt
Kurt's picture
I'm a fan of adding

I'm a fan of adding "Favourite" folders for quick access to certain places.  Or should that be Favorite? wink

spikeygg
spikeygg's picture
Thanks guys that works. I hit

Thanks guys that works. I hit the little folder button that Nate pointed out and it's much easier to navigate. The favorite idea is a good one too Kurt.

Is there some way I can get the beta version of AEMData?

AEM_GN
Spikeygg sent you a pm

Spikeygg sent you a pm

spikeygg
spikeygg's picture
Thank you AEM_GN.

Thank you AEM_GN.