EMS 30-6300 speed sensor | AEM
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
menmi
menmi's picture
EMS 30-6300 speed sensor

Hi,

My car is a FWD Lancer with 4G63 1G DSM engine with 30-6300 EMS and i want to use the 3step for traction control. Recently i installed two sensors from Brantz, one is with 3 wires (BR3) connected to T3 and takes signal from the transmission, this one is working normal. The other one (BR2A-HT) is a  speed sensor with 2 wires connected to T4 and is intalled to one of the rear wheels and takes signal behind the rear hub from the 4 bolts, i checked the sensor with a multimeter and when is next to the bolt shows 4.5V and 2.2V when its not, according to Brantz spec sheet the sensor is working like it should. The problem is that i cant take any signal to the EMS, i tried also to connect it to T3 or switch 2 with no luck, i tried different settings and the result is the same.

Any help?

AEM_NS
Sounds like a variable

Sounds like a variable current Hall Effect sensor which isn't supported by the Series 2 directly. Others have used this type of sensor successfully but only after adding in some additional resistors to manipulate the voltage output to get the voltage in a range that will trigger the digital input.

menmi
menmi's picture
Thanks for your answer, i

Thanks for your answer, i spent the last week trying to figure out what was wrong.

I will try to solve the problem with a resistor and i will let you know. What resistor value do you recommend to start with? What voltage will trigger the input?

menmi
menmi's picture
Finally i couldnt solve my

Finally i couldnt solve my problem with my sensor, i found one old magnetic cam sensor and that one is working ok.

Now i have one other problem, i calibrated my VSS with a gps and shows the correct Km, when i do a PC log the VSS its ok at any speed, but when i do an ECU log the VSS above 80km it goes straight up to 410km.

Any thoughts on this?

AEM_NS
No thoughts other than it'd

No thoughts other than it'd be nice to see a PC and ECU log from the same logging event to compare.