18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Infinity Tuner 96.2 Released!

The next release is now available. 

Upgrade Feature/Change Summary

This incremental update will add features and improve functionality of the base v96 firmware.  Several new timing patterns have been added along with CAN receive support for AEM's new line of X-Series products. The firmware update dialog functionality has been improved to work better with inconsistent PC connections.  Power sequencing response to noisy ignition switches has been improved.  Several changes were made to Infinity Tuner that improve usability. 

New vehicle/application timing support:

2004-2006 Suburu WRX STI

2009-2012 Dodge/Mopar GEN III Hemi

2013 and newer Dodge/Mopar GEN III Hemi

v96.2 Models/Tuning Changes:

·    Add support to receive AEM X-Series CAN messages.

·    Additional digital inputs now allowed for 3StepSwitch and ShiftSwitch tables.

·    VTEC logic adjusted to avoid high RPM cycling on certain applications.

·    LeanProtect function now allows the use of Lambda3/4 external inputs.

·    New tuning adjustment added to avoid sync errors when cranking for high compression Ford Coyote engines.

v2.96 Setup Wizard Changes:

·    Fuel properties now exposed in Setup Wizard allowing the user to adjust specific gravity and stoichiometric ratio individually.

Bug Fixes included in v96.2 firmware:

·    VW 1.8T CAN dash control support is now included for Infinity-508 model.

·    Fixed bugs in AEMnet CAN transmit messages.  Error flags for throttle, coolant temp, MAP and certain other sensors were not functioning as intended.  Ethanol content was transmitting incorrect scaling.

·    Fixed a problem that sometimes caused Infinity Tuner software controls to 'flash' while making edits.

·    Fixed a problem that sometimes occurred during the firmware upgrade process where the PC would not reconnect with the ECU consistently.

·    Fixed a coil output problem that caused one or more coil output waveforms to drop out under very specific engine acceleration rates and certain ignition timing and dwell values.

·    Power sequencing features adjusted to respond more consistently to electrically noisy ignition switch inputs.  This would sometimes cause the ECU to hang ON when the ignition switch was turned OFF,  or remain off when the ignition switch was turned on.

Compatibility with old layouts:

New models and session files should be compatible with older layouts.  There were no channel naming changes to break existing layouts.

v2.96 Infinity Tuner Changes:

·    Admin level automatically detected.  User notified if changes are necessary to allow USB port access and connectivity.

·    New feature adding dedicated save paths for layouts, sessions, logs and themes.

·    Auto save log path now displayed in the window header.

Infinity ECU V96.2 Firmware Update Now Available
Update adds new applications, supports CANbus for X-Series Gauges, improves comms stability and more!

AEM INFINITY UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS DOWNLOAD - CLICK HERE

AEM INFINITYTUNER V2.96.8367 DOWNLOAD - CLICK HERE

AEM INFINITY FIRMWARE V96.2 DOWNLOAD - CLICK HERE
Register or Login to AEMinfinity.com to receive firmware files for your ECU

After you have installed the new InfinityTuner software, Register or Login to AEMinfinity.com to download the firmware files for your ECU. When logged in, a list of files similar to the example below be available. For most ECUs, the correct firmware file to download is labeled 'v96.2 Inf-XXX Universal.

Product Details

Serial Number7100-0163
Platform & Family[Infinity] - Infinity-10
Activated11/19/2014 5:52:10 PM
Activated For1964 Ford Mustang
NOTE: Infinity Tuner software must be installed before product software can be used!
Click Here to Download the latest Infinity Tuner. 

Download Instructions: [ Click Here ]

FileConfigurationCreated
Download(7100 Infinity-10 Universal V92, old version)7/29/2013 11:12:11 AM
Download(7100 Infinity-10 Universal V95, old version)8/26/2014 4:42:10 PM
Download(Infinity-10 Universal V96, old version)11/10/2014 2:19:22 PM
Downloadpre-v96.1 Legacy Peripheral Firmware6/19/2015 11:22:25 AM
Downloadv96.1 Inf-10 Diagnostics6/19/2015 11:22:25 AM
Downloadv96.1 Inf-10 Semi-Seq6/22/2015 9:42:06 AM
Downloadv96.1 Inf-10 Universal6/22/2015 9:42:06 AM
Downloadv96.2 Inf-710 Diagnostics1/7/2016 10:00:20 AM
Downloadv96.2 Inf-710 Semi-Seq1/7/2016 10:00:20 AM
Downloadv96.2 Inf-710 Universal1/7/2016 10:00:20 AM

itzwolf
I've tried downloading the

I've tried downloading the new Infinity Tuner twice on my Windows 10 laptop and once on my "tuning" Windows 7 laptop. Neither seem to actually launch the install of the program, it simply hangs like nothing happened and Windows Explorer window locks up.

Has anyone successfuly gotten the installation to work?

Update:

Extracted the files from the install package using WinRAR and then launched setup.exe which started the installation then hangs like this:

Update 2:

Infinity Tuner the tuning applicaiton seems to have installed but the Wizard is not available and there is a process stuck running InfinityTuner_Wizard.exe. I also cannot cancel the installation that is hung up.

AEM_SB
We're looking into this now,

We're looking into this now, itzwolf.

Can you check the filesize of the download on your machine? It should be about 127 MB.

itzwolf
It's 129,581KB.

It's 129,581KB.

itzwolf
For anyone that may encounter

For anyone that may encounter a similar issue, disable your antivirus software during the install. I have Avast Internet Security 2015 and it was blocking something during the installation of 96.2 software, this doesn't happen for the 96.1 software release so it wasn't a step I expected to need to take. Not sure what exactly chaned but hopefully AEM can isolate what the cause is because other A/V software may be more harsh in how the installation is handled.

AEM_SB
Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback. There were some changes in the installer related to software privilege level for USB port access, in hindsight it makes sense that an antivirus software might see this as a threat.

1point3liter
So far all is working well

So far all is working well for me, but I believe i experienced a small bug.

Some of my layout unit preferences were backwards after completing the update.
For example all my temperatures in the layout showed that they were Farenheit, but the actual data they were displaying was Celcius.
Trying to change them to Farenheit with the unit preferences wizard did not fix the issue. I had to switch them to celsius and then back to farenheit.
I had the same issue with Lambda1, and Map.

It wasnt a big deal, but thought i'd mention it.

AEM_MI
Thank you very much for

Thank you very much for letting us know.

We will test this out.

b16a
i receive the message "there

i receive the message "there in a problem with the Windows Installer package. A program required for this intall to complete could not be run. Contact your support personel or package vendor."

Pc has windows 7.

previous version was installed to that pc.

last version is also intalled to 2 other laptops without problems.

chameleon
should already be obvious but

should already be obvious but scaling fuel table vertical axis is a major pain! ive tried every combination of number and highlighting half or all cells and hitting control and [V] and tried every combination of yes or no and it manages to come up with some bogus numbers.. what gives!?

Arildh
Any news on this issue ? http

Any news on this issue ? 

http://aemelectronics.com/?q=forum/infinity-tuner-software-issue

I'm pretty much stuck. Anything I can do trace the error ? 

Arild

EDIT: See workaround in link.

AEM_NS
Thanks for the follow up.

Thanks for the follow up. Problems due to Windows settings can pretty tough for us to figure out. While we're experts with the products we make, we're not really experts with Windows unfortunately.

alansupra94
The fix is you need to right

The fix is you need to right click on the install file and "run as administrator"

kromberg
Did the support pane get

Did the support pane get dropped with this version?

AEM_NS
I think you're confusing the

I think you're confusing the Series 2 with Infinity. Never been a support pane in Infinity.

Wolfgreg
Hi, i am triyng every

Hi, i am triyng every possible link, both here and on the website, but none of them seem to work. i really need the infinity tuner software... can you help me?

S2000, k20, turbo, E85, 800hp

cutlassefi
What's it telling you as to

What's it telling you as to why it won't load?

Wolfgreg
the links are not working, i

the links are not working, i am unable to download the installer.

every time i try it gives me this:

Not Found

The requested URL "/files/software/Infinity_Tuner_2_96.8592.exe" was not found on this server.

i have W10 and i live in Italy, maybe there are differet servers to download software from?

S2000, k20, turbo, E85, 800hp