modded k24 on 506 no start issue | AEM
13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Slowpokecivic
modded k24 on 506 no start issue

Hopefully someone can help me out. Setup is k24 with stage 3 cams. Infinity 506 with AEM PNP harness. i uploaded the log and session files. Id appreciate any help. i get fuel but im not sure if i get spark? as i have no way of checking. 

Slowpokecivic
https://www.mediafire.com
AEM_NS
There's a pretty obvious

There's a pretty obvious problem - did you happen to notice it? And how is it that you have no way of checking for spark? You can't take a coil off, plug in a spare spark plug, ground it to the engine, crank the engine over and looks for spark?

Slowpokecivic
Sorry if I missed the obvious

Sorry if I missed the obvious, but I did not notice it.

I was by myself at the time of start up so trying to hold the coil and cranking the car at the same time was gonna be a difficult task.

AEM_NS
You're not getting rpm. No

You're not getting rpm. No rpm and no crank or cam signals. Not going to have a running engine with spark or fuel without at least rpm and functioning crank/cam sensors.

A remote starter button is a nice thing to have when working by yourself.

Slowpokecivic
Thank you for the help. I

Thank you for the help. I will go thru the harness again and make sure those things are working. 

Slowpokecivic
Here's an updated log.

Here's an updated log. Hopefully I was cranking it long enough.

Weird how my battery shows 12.6 but on the dash it's always 1 volt less.
start up log 2.itssn
start up log 2.itlog

Slowpokecivic
so with that start up, i

so with that start up, i figured out the injectors werent firing. Not sure if it shows on that log^^^  I started the car with some carb cleaner, it ran for a bit. I am using a set of Lower Impedance delphi LUCAS injectors 1200cc. These just got back from getting cleaned and tested. This new log, i switched the injectors set up to a set i thought would work. still not starting the car. 

start up log 3.itlogstart up log 3.itssn

AEM_NS
Looks like all systems go in

Looks like all systems go in that last log. ECU is trying to run the engine. If you're not getting fuel, you might have a wiring problem. Throw a noid light on one of the injector connectors - does it flash when cranking? Are you sure you have fuel pressure? The cal is setup for a fuel pressure sensor but the Analog 9 voltage is 5v so it's either open circuit or your fuel pressure sensor is wired incorrectly and this has fuel pressure failsafed at 12 psi. This isn't keeping the engine from running but it should be addressed.

What exactly is this engine combo?  N/A or some low boost setup?  If n/a, you have enough injector to support 550 hp on E85.  Is that what you anticipate on making?

Slowpokecivic
Thank you for your reply. I

Thank you for your reply. I noticed that too but I don't have a fuel pressure sensor hooked up. Tho fuel pressure is my concern. I'm in the process of changing out my regulator and gauge as of the 3rd log I noticed that the gauge was at 0 with my pump on. Even tho fuel is at the rail.

I am NA and the goal was to get as much power I could with no number in mind. Engine is built to make around 400hp to the crank.

Slowpokecivic
could it possibly be injector

could it possibly be injector dead times that are set wrong?

AEM_NS
No. You have values for peak

No. You have values for peak & hold injector control and the injector offset times look fine. Even if they're wrong, the injectors should still open.

Slowpokecivic
Found the issue and it was a

Found the issue and it was a dead pump in my surge tank. once fixed it fired right up. New issue tho but i believe my tuner will be contacting someone tomorrow regarding my issue. strange misfiring issue once we hit about 6800RPM.