New 30-0306 operation problems | AEM
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yars
New 30-0306 operation problems

Dear AEM support,

I just unboxed my new 35 PSI X-Series boost gauge (0306-00851), plugged in the supplied 50 PSI brass pressure sensor and  connected the gauge to 12V DC power supply (black -, red+). White and brown signal wires got insulated and are not in use.

Once powered on, the gauge turns on but acts weird: instead of showing the current sensor reading, the outer green LED ring is constantly on, and the inner numeric LEDs flashes showing 35.0 in US mode or 2.50 in SI mode.

Otherwise the gauge is fine and works according to the user manual - I can switch the display units between US and SI, edit or clear the warn/alarm threshold or select between LESS or GrTr modes.

But after the last button press or after turning off and on, the gauge keeps showing that flashing 35.0 or 2.50 and doesn't show the actual sensor reading.

The user manual doesn't describe such scenario, so I hope you can recommend a solution. Or in the worst case, this would be a case of warranty..

Thank you! 

Here is a link to the video I recorded: I turn the gauge on, it starts flashing, then I press PEAK to clear the alarm threshold, all seems nice, but after the last button press, the gauge retuns to that flashing mode, instead of sensor reading. This also repeats after turning the gauge off an on again.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e1jIEtR4V4&feature=youtu.be

AEM_NS
Please get in touch with Tech

Please get in touch with Tech Support directly by phone or email. 1-800-423-0046 or gentech@aempower.com

Yars
Thank you, I will.

Thank you, I will.

I just measured the sensor with a multimeter during gauge turned on: there is 4.98 V between black and red sensor supply wires and 4.73V between black and green signal wire.

This is at room temperature in normal atmospheric pressure, around 6 meters above sea level. 

So I think the Gauge is fine, but the sensor is defective - it gives too high signal. May I be correct?

AEM_NS
Sensor should have max output

Is that back probing the wires with the sensor plugged in or with the sensor unplugged?  With the sensor unplugged, you'd expect the voltage to be pulled up close to 5v.  You can see sensor specs HERE.

Yars
Sensor plugged in. The gauge

Sensor plugged in. The gauge feeds 4.98V to the sensor between red and black. The sensor's signal is 4.73 V between green and black. In room environment. 

AEM_NS
Sensor output shouldn't ever

Sensor output shouldn't ever be more than 4.5v.