S2000 turns over but no start, first use AEM 30-6052 | AEM
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
jcm055
S2000 turns over but no start, first use AEM 30-6052

Hi, as the title states I've got a stock (sans test pipe) 2005 S2000 and installed my new AEM EMS v2, following the instructions provided.  The car will turn over but will not fire off.  I went through the troubleshooting and I'm seeing STAT SYNC'D off when trying to start.  I verified Crank Tooth Period and T2PER were fluctuating when turning over.

To eliminate any other issues, I put my stock ECU in and the car fired up fine, short of a code for o2 sensor (which is disconnected with the wideband). I watched ECU outputs on cranking and showing nothing on coils or injectors.

Am i overlooking something simple?

jcm055
Adding a log from trying to

Adding a log from trying to crank it just now.

no start.daq

AEM_NS
Something is up with the cam

Something is up with the cam signal. In the Adv Pickups tab, try increasing Cam H Sens Level in increments of 0.10 to see if it makes a difference.

jcm055
AEM_NS wrote:

AEM_NS wrote:

Something is up with the cam signal. In the Adv Pickups tab, try increasing Cam H Sens Level in increments of 0.10 to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a shot. I plugged my ECU into my friends stock 05 S and it fired right up, so definitely something on my car, but strange I've gotten no codes on stock ECU.

AEM_NS
AEM ECU isn't a stock ECU and

AEM ECU isn't a stock ECU and vice versa so just because its works with one absolutely does not mean it'll work with the other. They're completely different devices.

jcm055
Clearly, I just would have

Clearly, I just would have expected a code from the stock ECU but I guess it was acting strangely but not outside OE parameters enough. I see the log looks strange, so I checked the plugs on the sensors and they are a little worse for wear so I've ordered new connectors. It did fire up and run a few times, then quit starting again.