v96.2 Release | AEM
49 posts / 0 new
Last post
AEM_SB
v96.2 Release

The next release is now available. 

Upgrade Feature/Change Summary

This incremental update will add features and improve functionality of the base v96 firmware.  Several new timing patterns have been added along with CAN receive support for AEM's new line of X-Series products. The firmware update dialog functionality has been improved to work better with inconsistent PC connections.  Power sequencing response to noisy ignition switches has been improved.  Several changes were made to Infinity Tuner that improve usability. 

New vehicle/application timing support:

2004-2006 Suburu WRX STI

2009-2012 Dodge/Mopar GEN III Hemi

2013 and newer Dodge/Mopar GEN III Hemi

v96.2 Models/Tuning Changes:

·    Add support to receive AEM X-Series CAN messages.

·    Additional digital inputs now allowed for 3StepSwitch and ShiftSwitch tables.

·    VTEC logic adjusted to avoid high RPM cycling on certain applications.

·    LeanProtect function now allows the use of Lambda3/4 external inputs.

·    New tuning adjustment added to avoid sync errors when cranking for high compression Ford Coyote engines.

v2.96 Setup Wizard Changes:

·    Fuel properties now exposed in Setup Wizard allowing the user to adjust specific gravity and stoichiometric ratio individually.

Bug Fixes included in v96.2 firmware:

·    VW 1.8T CAN dash control support is now included for Infinity-508 model.

·    Fixed bugs in AEMnet CAN transmit messages.  Error flags for throttle, coolant temp, MAP and certain other sensors were not functioning as intended.  Ethanol content was transmitting incorrect scaling.

·    Fixed a problem that sometimes caused Infinity Tuner software controls to 'flash' while making edits.

·    Fixed a problem that sometimes occurred during the firmware upgrade process where the PC would not reconnect with the ECU consistently.

·    Fixed a coil output problem that caused one or more coil output waveforms to drop out under very specific engine acceleration rates and certain ignition timing and dwell values.

·    Power sequencing features adjusted to respond more consistently to electrically noisy ignition switch inputs.  This would sometimes cause the ECU to hang ON when the ignition switch was turned OFF,  or remain off when the ignition switch was turned on.

Compatibility with old layouts:

New models and session files should be compatible with older layouts.  There were no channel naming changes to break existing layouts.

v2.96 Infinity Tuner Changes:

·    Admin level automatically detected.  User notified if changes are necessary to allow USB port access and connectivity.

·    New feature adding dedicated save paths for layouts, sessions, logs and themes.

·    Auto save log path now displayed in the window header.

More info coming soon...

AEM_MI
(No subject)

yes

Nimeton
Nice!

Nice!

AEM_SB
To download the updated

Infinity ECU V96.2 Firmware Update Now Available
Update adds new applications, supports CANbus for X-Series Gauges, improves comms stability and more!

AEM INFINITY UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS DOWNLOAD - CLICK HERE

AEM INFINITYTUNER V2.96.8367 DOWNLOAD - CLICK HERE

AEM INFINITY FIRMWARE V96.2 DOWNLOAD - CLICK HERE
Register or Login to AEMinfinity.com to receive firmware files for your ECU

After you have installed the new InfinityTuner software, Register or Login to AEMinfinity.com to download the firmware files for your ECU. When logged in, a list of files similar to the example below be available. For most ECUs, the correct firmware file to download is labeled 'v96.2 Inf-XXX Universal.

Product Details

Serial Number7100-0163
Platform & Family[Infinity] - Infinity-10
Activated11/19/2014 5:52:10 PM
Activated For1964 Ford Mustang
NOTE: Infinity Tuner software must be installed before product software can be used!
Click Here to Download the latest Infinity Tuner. 

Download Instructions: [ Click Here ]

FileConfigurationCreated
Download(7100 Infinity-10 Universal V92, old version)7/29/2013 11:12:11 AM
Download(7100 Infinity-10 Universal V95, old version)8/26/2014 4:42:10 PM
Download(Infinity-10 Universal V96, old version)11/10/2014 2:19:22 PM
Downloadpre-v96.1 Legacy Peripheral Firmware6/19/2015 11:22:25 AM
Downloadv96.1 Inf-10 Diagnostics6/19/2015 11:22:25 AM
Downloadv96.1 Inf-10 Semi-Seq6/22/2015 9:42:06 AM
Downloadv96.1 Inf-10 Universal6/22/2015 9:42:06 AM
Downloadv96.2 Inf-710 Diagnostics1/7/2016 10:00:20 AM
Downloadv96.2 Inf-710 Semi-Seq1/7/2016 10:00:20 AM
Downloadv96.2 Inf-710 Universal1/7/2016 10:00:20 AM

TheBoz
Hell yes, nice work AEM.  You

Hell yes, nice work AEM.  You guys rock.

kb58
I upgraded, and everything

I upgraded, and everything seems fine. What bothers me a bit is during the updating, it said something to the effect of "Performing Step 1 of 2. After it was done it said it was okay to close the window - nothing about Step 2 or power-cycling the ECU. Also, I was never presented with the choice of upgrading the peripheral controller firmware. Maybe that's because I was upgrading from v96.1?

AEM_NS
Were you using Flash Enable

Were you using Flash Enable when you updated?  Using Flash Enable won't allow peripheral firmware to be loaded.

kb58
No, but since I previously

No, but since I previously updated the peripheral firmware as part of 96.1, and because it doesn't appear on the above list (nor mine) I don't see how I could load it even if I'm supposed to.

kb58
Before redoing everything, I

Before redoing everything, I checked to see what versions are in play as it sits now:

The downloaded code for my -6 is 7106-0362-189

The ECU firmware is 96.8335

The Peripheral firmware is 96.8220

Tuner is 2.96.8367. Are all of these the most recent?

kb58
Alright, maybe I know what's

Alright, maybe I know what's going on. I went back and followed the instructions again. The first time, I chose not to retain the tune information, so didn't check the box. The second time I did, and this time it proceeded in the expected manner. (The firmware versions above were read out before trying to the second method.)

AEM_NS
Hmm the site went down for a

Hmm the site went down for a bit and it looks like we lost some posts.  Anyways, the peripheral isn't listed as a separate file to download because it's already included in the pakgrp file.

FWIW it shouldn't make a difference if Keep Cal Data is selected or not - the peripheral should always load.

2jzmkiv
My post is lost so i think i

My post is lost so i think i should repost my question i updated my infinity tuner but i cannot find where i can assign LeanProtect function to use  Lambda3/4 external inputs.

AEM_SB
Good question, 2jzmkiv.

Good question, 2jzmkiv. LeanProtect was updated to use the input that is assigned for the Lambda1PID Feedback Input Selection. For instance, to use Lambda3, go to that Lambda Control wizard page, open the Advanced Setup dropdown near the bottom of the page and set the option Lambda1PID Feedbck Input Selection = Lambda3. Next, open the Engine Protection page of the wizard, and set Lambda1 Protection Enable = ON. Although the option name in the Engine Protection wizard page still says Lambda1 Protection, we have updated the ECU firmware so the Lean Protect function will now work with the Lambda3 or Lambda4 values if they are assigned for Lambda Feedback. Note that lambda feedback does not need to be enabled or active for Lean Protect to function, that is simply the page where you can already assign which lambda input you wan tthe ECU to use.

Hope that helps,

SB

2jzmkiv
Certainly did believe it or

Certainly did believe it or not it is exactly how i thought it was the only thing that confused me was the name so i had to ask thanks :)

Ipe
My post was also lost so I

My post was also lost so I will re write what I said so it can be registered here. 

I missed on this update a change that I have mentioned that could be done easily and would help me a lot and eventually others. I use an Infinity 8 on an air-cooled Porsche 911. I have two oil coolers and a fan for each of them. With the software as it is I can only use Coolant_Fan2 output to control both fans as it is the only Coolant_Fan output that I can select other input (Oil temp in this case) than coolant temp to trigger this output. Why not give to Coolant_Fan1 output this same possibility? This way I could manage better when each oil fan cooler would enter instead of both entering the same time.

Kurt
Kurt's picture
In Application Options there

In Application Options there is "append version to session".  Description says that a hardware version will be appended to the session file name when saving if this is = true.  Does "hardware version" = firmware version?  So, should I expect that a session that is firmware version 96.2 would automatically have v96.2.itssn put at the end of the file name that I save?  I set this to = true and see nothing automatically added to the file name.  

I may not fully understand how the files work with the Infinity, but I believe each saved session will be of a certrain firmware version.  With new firmware loaded onto a Infinity 6 (506), there is a generic session in place after the update.  I chose to not keep the session that was on the box.  When connected, the green box at the top of the program shows USB: Infintiy Series 5 and the Session ID at the top right says AEM Infintiy-506, v96.2 Universal models.  I can import an old v96.1 session to the box and it'll say Please Wait: Importing/Converting calibration data...  After done, I'll see USB: Infinity Series 5 in the green box and Session ID will be AEM Inf-6, v96.1 Universal models on top right.

Was that 96.1 session converted to 96.2 firmware?  I don't see it outlined in the manual or in the software menus anything that will convert a saved 96.1 session to a 96.2.  If I were to have checked the box to save the loaded session when I did the firmware update, would that session have been converted to 96.2?

AEM_BB
AEM_BB's picture
The firmware version a

The firmware version of a particular ECU and the firmware version of the session currently loaded onto that ECU will always match - it's not possible to have a mismatch between the two. When you imported your v96.1 session file into the ECU with v96.2 firmware on it, the session was converted to v96.2 and loaded into the ECU. The software also grabs and imports the Session ID, so whatever was written there in the session when it was loaded will now be displayed anytime that ECU is connected to, until a different session with a different ID is loaded, or it's changed manually (File --> Session ID). 

During a firmware update, if "Keep Calibration Data" is checked, the ECU automatically performs the same "Import Calibration Data" that you'd do manually; therefore the result would be the same whether you let the software convert the file during the update, or you imported it manually after the update.

Kurt
Kurt's picture
Excellent, thanks Beau!

Excellent, thanks Beau!

ZUL8R
I keep getting this error

I keep getting this error when trying to access the wizard to change the injectors/map/tps calibrations etc.

Itwiz error when going to Wizard Setup

Itwiz error when going to Wizard Setup

What am I missing ?

ZUL8R
So I redownloaded the

So I redownloaded the Infinity Tuner off the AEMelectronics.com website and it actually downloaded without giving me errors. I updated the firmware and so far so good.

Will keep you posted.

AEM_NS
Looks like your forgot to

Looks like your forgot to update your software to the latest version before updating the firmware on your Infinity. v96.1 software won't have wizard files for v96.2 firmware. Should be fine now that you're using the correct software.

Turbonutter
Are there any plans for

Are there any plans for further updates any time soon, its been nearly 15 months since V96.2 was released?

AEM_NS
A partial release is imminent

A partial release is imminent.

Turbonutter
AEM_NS wrote:

AEM_NS wrote:

A partial release is imminent.

Ok Thanks for the Update....

Ipe
Any update about that?  

Any update about that?

AEM_NS
Still imminent.

Still imminent.

Turbonutter
Any Chance it will be within

Any Chance it will be within the next 2 weeks? as I am going for a tuning session mid may? 

AEM_NS
Can't really say

Can't really say unfortunately but it won't really make a difference if you tune on the current firmware or the new firmware. Once the new firmware is available, you can just take your existing cal and import it into the Infinity. Seamless transition. There are only a couple new features - none of which really require dyno tuning.

Ipe
Can you give us in advance

Can you give us in advance what new features we will see and what suggestions given here will be implemented?

alexui90
Interested in those features

Interested in those features too

Ipe
Hi, I noticed that there is

Hi, I noticed that there is an update version of InfinityTurner dated of 05/10/17. Can you give us what has been updated? 

Pages