AEM's X-Series Wideband UEGO Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Controller Gauges are built upon unique, patented 100% Digital technology (Patent 9,575,030) that makes them the fastest responding wideband air/fuel ratio controllers in independent testing*.
The X-Series Wideband UEGO AFR Sensor Controller Gauge (PN AEM 30-0300) measures 2 1/16th-inch (52mm) in diameter and features a modern, visually striking faceplate and new seven-segment center display that is 87% larger than the 30-4110 AEM Wideband Gauge's center display. This creates the perception of a larger overall gauge, but in a common 52mm size for easy mounting. Its slim depth (less than one inch overall) and ultra-slim cup depth of .200-inches dramatically increases its application base and potential mounting locations.
The AEM Wideband X-Series UEGO AFR Gauge has a user configurable display via buttons on the gauge face that allows you to change AFR values for different fuels, Lambda or O2%, change the center display to three or four digits, perform a free-air calibration if desired as the sensor ages, and change the CAN message ID when linking multiple X-Series Inline Controllers or X-Series Controller Gauges. A black bezel and black dual-faced faceplate for air/fuel and Lambda are included, and an optional silver bezel with white dual-faced air/fuel and Lambda faceplate is available (PN 30-0300-ACC, sold separately). An Auto Dimming feature is included. Locking connectors ensure a positive connection between the harnesses and gauge and a new single board design adds to the new gauge's durability.
The gauge includes a 0-5v and RS232 Serial Port output for feedback control and data logging, and an AEMnet (CANbus) output for data logging. AEMnet allows additional X-Series Wideband Controllers to be daisy chained together (up to 16 cylinders) for recording AFR in multiple cylinders. It supports vehicle/system voltages up to 16V, and can be used on EFI or carbureted applications, and dynamometers in applications using gasoline, methanol, ethanol, Diesel, propane, and CNG.
X-Digital wideband technology gives these controllers the ability to read and report values that other controllers do not, which can deliver more optimized engine tuning and a safer overall operating condition. The controller's high-speed digital implementation ensures no loss of signal fidelity and full transient response, making it able to identify the slightest fluctuations in AFR and output them in full value.
WHY RESPONSE TIME MATTERS
Faster response time improves wideband feedback control, and can provide a safer, more powerful and accurate tune. AEM's Wideband Controllers with X-Digital technology can reduce deadtime and improve the performance of your vehicle through more accurate AFR tuning. Deadtime is the delay between when exhaust gas composition changes and when that change is reported by the O2 sensor. While flow of exhaust gases (transport delay) can affect deadtime, it is not the only source. Often, the sensing elements response to the gas is the largest contributor to deadtime when an engine is in high RPM under load.
When tuning an engine using wideband AFR feedback control on an inertia dyno, deadtime affects the data you are looking at because it is reported in a different operating location than when it actually occurred. This means with long deadtimes, whatever changes you make to the base fueling will likely be in the wrong location. This can be particularly dangerous to high compression and high-boost forced induction vehicles, and EFI systems that use feedback control to auto-tune.
Reducing deadtime improves wideband feedback control, and can provide a safer, more powerful and accurate tune. AEM's Wideband Controllers with X-Series digital technology can reduce deadtime and improve the performance of your vehicle through more accurate AFR tuning.
- X-Series Wideband UEGO AFR Controller Gauge were fastest responding wideband air/fuel ratio controllers in an independent test vs. 17 competitors wideband AFR controllers
- Patented X-Digital wideband technology (Patent 9,575,030)
- AEM co-developed the new sensor with global automotive supplier FAE, culminating in a new sensor design that has a faster response time than the Bosch 4.9 LSU and is less prone to failure in high performance vehicles
- Factory calibrated resistor does not require free-air calibration, but technology allows for free-air calibration as sensor ages if user desires
- Compatible with vehicle/system voltages up to 16V
- 0-5V & RS232 output for data logging and feedback control, AEMnet (CANbus) for data logging and daisy-chaining multiple controllers up to 16 cylinders
- Can display AFR values in hundredths of %
- 52mm gauge diameter and slim 0.825" gauge depth
- Gauge cup depth only .200" deep!
- Auto dimming feature
- User configurable display via buttons on the gauge face for changing AFR values, Lambda and O2%, and 3- or 4-digit display
- Black bezel and black dual faced faceplate included (gauge only, silver bezel/white gauge option sold separately, PN 30-0300-ACC)
- Locking connectors
AEM Performance Electronics makes advanced technologies accessible to the racing masses. Check out our innovative automotive aftermarket products today!